March 11, 2009

Phone Addiction

We've been at the top for one week now, and the days seem to be dragging by, particularly the hours between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. when we could receive the phone call that will make us parents. I don't have a cell phone (by choice), so this means that most of the time I would prefer to be at home where I can answer the phone if it happens to ring. This, of course, makes the days go by even slower, so I'm trying to branch out and get out and *gasp* even use the phone to make other calls (we don't have caller ID or call waiting either). 

Most recently I've been flying through Anna Karinina for a book club I'm in. I read Russian novels like other people read Jane Austen - quickly, getting lost in the characters. I'm almost half way through on page 356, so it should keep me occupied for at least another week. After that I may have to move on to War and Peace.

Do keep us in your prayers - that we would trust God with assigning the right child to our family, trust him with how/when we get the call, trust him with all that needs to happen afterwards. 

Love you all and I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger RossVix said...

Hello there
I just want you to know that I am a fellow parent who adopted twins from Ethiopia last April. Our little ones will be 14 months old this month.

I have enjoyed following your blog. I know the waiting part is so hard. You will get that referral! And then you will begin the journey of a lifetime. :0)

We also have a blog. It is by invitation only, but if you would like to take a peek at our adoption journey and our children...I'd be happy to include you on our list.

You can privately email me your email if you like at vchaney@telcomplus.net

Best of luck and deepest blessings to you. We're out here thinking of you!

Vicki

Mar 12, 2009, 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rob and Candy said...

Hi- My hubby LOVES reading books by Russian authors. He hopes to re-read them again with our Russian son. He has not read Anna Karinina yet... you gave me a great idea for a father's day present!
candy (yg)

Mar 15, 2009, 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Heidi Bayly said...

Hi Candy. I don't know that Anna Karenina would be the best Father's Day present. Most men I know hate the book. It is about a wife who commits adultery on her husband and ruins her life and his. Not really a pick-me-up, but it does have very real characters, and raises lots of questions.

Mar 17, 2009, 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home