May 7, 2008

Officially Waiting

Our paperwork made it to Ethiopia and will be picked up on Friday by our representative there. So, now we are officially to the next step of waiting. I'm quite happy this has come at the beginning of summer, because, well, waiting is rather boring. There isn't a whole lot to do as far as moving forward with adoption, so summer will be a welcome distraction. My goal is to not become obsessive over when we'll get our referral. We're trying to gear up for the long haul and if it comes earlier, we'll be pleasantly surprised. I know most adoptive moms become rather obsessed and desperate at the end, after months and months (or years) of waiting. Any tips on not doing that?

This summer I'm hoping to get some good reading done on adoption, Ethiopia, and tons of other things. I should make a list. Lists are always quite exciting to me.

We're also still plugging along with fundraising, and sending in a couple of grant applications. God has continued to shower us with blessings of gifts toward our adoption expenses. Our friends and family are so very generous and encouraging. Thank you all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Caldwell said...

Congrats on being DTE- Though this book isn't all adoption related, I would def. recommend reading, There is No Me Without You. It is excellent.

May 12, 2008, 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Team Dragovich said...

Heidi, Congrats on being DTE. Our dossier passed the Sec of State and will be DTE next week. I'm so glad we are on the same timeline!! I have big reading plans as well-- what do you want to read? I also want to get my house decorated more-- we have been in our new home one year, and I have visions of color and cool bedrooms :D!!
Hugs,
Shari (from YG)

May 17, 2008, 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home