April 23, 2008

Dossier on its way!!!

We received a wonderful surprise yesterday and got our I-171H in the mail. So, this morning I drove up to Indy and got all our dossier documents certified. It was quite painless really and I was only in the office about 15 minutes. I enjoyed the beautiful early morning mist, treated myself to some Starbucks, and listened to the Wailin' Jennys. Then I came back and did all the copying and checking of documents. An inch (over 2 pounds) of paperwork is on its way to our agency and should be there tomorrow morning!!

Next, our agency will look over the dossier documents, making sure everything is flawless and complete. Then they will have it authenticated/certified by the United States somebody or other before sending it off to Ethiopia!

After that we are officially 'waiting.' Right now our agency is predicting a 5-9 month wait for a referral (when they send you a picture and files on a baby). Then we'll travel 1-2 months after that. We're hoping and praying for a Christmas baby, but we'll see what happens. I think we are joining over 60 families waiting for a referral.

When I returned from FedEx, I flipped over my day calendar on my desk and the verse for today was "Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27 It was just confirmation that God does ordain such small things as the day our dossier gets mailed.

Praise God!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow, just reading those words makes me cry, tremble and praise God. Rejoicing with you!!
Kim

Apr 23, 2008, 2:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on officially WFR! We hope to be sending ours not far behind you!!!
Kristy (AWAA)

Apr 25, 2008, 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger ethiHOPEia said...

Yeah! It is so nice to get that package sent off! :) We just discovered the Wailin' Jennys, it is one of my favorite Pandora stations!
Blessings,
Hilary (AWAA)

Apr 26, 2008, 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home