May 12, 2009

Tie Dye and Hemp

I've had quite a lot of fun the last few weeks getting things ready for Tate to come home. My favorites have been the hemp diapers and tie-dye onsies, although I'm pretty proud of my diaper bag too. Mom and I made 20 diapers out of hemp/cotton fleece one weekend. Joseph even got in on the fun and sewed together the soakers. Here is the end result.



Last Sunday Lizzie, Hannah, Dani, and Kris came over to have a tie-dye party. We've been looking forward to an excuse to do this for years and are so happy to have finally done it. We dyed socks, a crib sheet, and about 30 onsies! We also dyed our front steps a bit, but I think it's a nice touch :-) Thank you Sebra for the awesome dye! We made all these colors from red, blue, and yellow. Here are some of my favorites.



Lizzie did this perfect bulls-eye one. She's definitely invited to all my tie-dye parties.


And for a 4th of July outfit we have this one:

This is the diaper bag I made. It's from the leftover fabric that Anna used for my baby carrier and is lined with purple linen, which makes me smile. I even put a zipper and pockets in it! I'm pretty proud of myself whenever I have a successful sewing project because I really don't know how to sew. Every project is purely experimental - ask my mom, she'll tell you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Bowman said...

Thanks for letting us in on the fun; just let me know when you want to have another party!

May 13, 2009, 3:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home